Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Good Reading

A good friend of mine gave me McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories for Christmas this year. I have read the first three stories thus far and must say that I am really enjoying it. It has been a long, long time since I've read a collection of short stories, probably back in college. At any rate, the editor of this fine volume is one Michael Chabon, whose noted work said friend thought I had read. I haven't, yet, but he won the Pulitzer Prize in 2000 for The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay so I will have to give him a shot.

Oh, the first story in Enchanted Chamber is just freaking bizarre, but what else should one expect from Margaret Atwood, the fine writer of The Handmaid's Tale?

No comments: