Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The New York Times > Business > What Corporate America Can't Build: A Sentence

This article, or rather the contents of it, caused me serious physical pain this morning. Sadly, I see this kind of poorly written communication on a daily basis from vendors I work with as well as from coworkers. Some of the emails are so hideous, I'm embarrassed to reply to them because I usually have to follow up with a phone call to make sure I understand the intent behind the email. What happened to the necessary art of the written word? Are people incapable of either composing sentences correctly the first time or proofreading them? I think I need to start my own consulting business to provide remedial and advanced training for written communication in the corporate world.

No comments: