Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I'm Sick...

...but I went into work today because I'm going out of town on Friday and won't be back at work until Tuesday. Oh, and my annual performance review was today, too, though I already knew what my job rating is (Solid Performer) and what my raise is because boss-man waited a little long to perform the reviews, for which the end results are readable on our personal HR intranet page. Sheesh, talk about killing the suspense and anxiety. Actually, I'm quite glad that I found out ahead of time because the old job has been a little murky for the past few months. Not necessarily in a bad way, mind you, but just in that uncomfortable, not-really-certain-what's-going-on-here kind of way.

Yeah, so I am going out of town to my first big Warhammer tournament of the year--the Hombre, in Killeen, Texas. There are seven of us CAWS-ites* going down there for the shindig, which will have about 60 folks in attendance. Pretty good turnout for a military town in the middle of nowhere (anywhere in Texas that it isn't Austin, Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio). I am looking forward to it, though I will miss my wife dearly while I am away, until I get drunk that is, but then that only lasts for an hour. Getting back at 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning Sunday night/Monday morning will suck, but it will be nice.


*CAWS-ite: a member of CAWS (Central Arkansas Warhammer Society, aka a group of 20- and 30-something guys with nothing better to do than paint and play games with 28mm fantasy miniatures)

No comments: