Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Pentagon to Cut Off Boy Scouts From Bases

Pentagon to Cut Off Boy Scouts From Bases

So is this a "good" thing? I'm not so sure. I understand the point, I suppose, but I think that the ACLU is really reaching for straws. No, I'm not exactly thrilled with the dirty little secrets the Boy Scouts organization has been harboring, but it would seem that the ACLU could better spend their time going after groups and organizations that spread fear and hate and prosper from discrimination. The ACLU just gives liberals/progressives/whatever the hell we want to be called this week a bad name. It makes us look like the god-hating commies that the right depicts us as being. This is the kind of crap that steers me back to the center.

No comments: