Dictionary.com Word of the Day

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

sigh

I just don't feel like writing about politics. Richard's post below is great and pretty well sums up some of my feelings, but I'm still a bit bruised and overwhelmed to think of it too much. :(

So, just a few random meanderings about something totally non-political: my favorite hobby, Warhammer.

I'm in the midst of creating an army to participate in a map-based campaign, and I'm excited about it in a geeky kind of way (is there any other way to approach Warhammer?!?!). The campaign is based around the idea of several armies setting out to explore the depths of a mysterious island known as Estragon's Island, named for a famous explorer who was last seen setting out on a final voyage to find a fabled island said to contain vast riches. Yeah, pretty cliched, but it is a fresh change from tourney-based play, and I'm looking forward to the role-playing aspect of it.

If you've read this far, you have an inner-geek, and you should be proud. It is certainly therapeutic to think about something else for a change, if only for a few minutes.

No comments: